The year 1971 saw the invention and introduction into castings manufacturing technologies of a new molding and casting process, named V-process (the process of casting into vacuum molds with the help of special polymer film), developed by Sinto Group in Japan. Initially, the technology was intended for the production of molds with dry sand without bentonite, with vacuum and plastic films inclusion. This process, which has become a revolution in the casting industry, has been patented and immediately licensed for use with more than 150 companies in Japan and several other European countries as well as USA.
These latest molding lines are the world’s most advanced and most highly equipped castings manufacturing lines in the world, boasting the highest performance and most discrete costs cut-down. This further ensures that the reconditioned domestic foundry installations, that embraced this technology, possess a significant competitive advantage, even in comparison with similar businesses in Japan and Europe. One of the few companies in the CIS to have mastered similar manufacturing technologies was our company – LLC DPL.
Casting by vacuum molding process (V- process) is executed at the VDT-6 molding plant by HEINRICH WAGNER SINTO (Germany), manufactured to specifications and technologies by Sintokogio, Ltd. (Japan), with flask sizes 1600х1250х250/250 or 400/400 мм. Molding plant manufacturing capacity: 6-10 molds/hour.
- Main advantages of castings manufacturing with HWS VDT 6 molding plant:
- High quality of casting surface.
- Low cost of manufactured castings.
- Excellent dimensional accuracy.
- Environmental friendliness (mold without a binder and under constant vacuum venting of gases).
- Simple maintenance, stability and repeatability of castings quality (no flaws of the green sand).
- The density of castings (another metal structure and unprecedented reduction in gas inclusions)
- Superb mold filling rate.
- No need for taking into consideration the patter draft – less time-consuming and ineffective post-casting machining
- Molding process noise elimination
Key assets of V-process in comparison with traditional Automatic Molding Lines (AML)
Welcome to learn more about V-process, its characteristics and main advantages from informational video below
Green credentials and ecological friendliness of the process on par with the possibility to obtain higher quality castings at a lower cost – these are the perennial vectors of the modern trends for the further advancement of temporary-mold sand casting processes. V-process is widely hailed as one of the most technically progressive and simultaneously prospective molding and casting processes in terms of its compatibility with the strictest ecological requirements of any end-user of castings.